POSITION: Security Manager SSW and Wellington
DIVISION: Risk Services
REPORTING TO: General Manager: Supply Chain and Services
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: The Security Manager South is responsible for managing the Security function at our clients Somerset West and Wellington sites, both of which are classified as National Key Points (NKP). Focus is on access and egress control, contingency planning, internal investigations and criminal case preparation.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
· Responsibility for the management of the Security functions at SSW and Wellington
· Chairperson of THE CLIENT Security Committee
· Appointed as the Joint Planning Committee (JPC) Chairperson for SSW & Wellington, i.t.o. the National Key Points Act.
· Ensuring the implementation and adherence to the applicable legislation, minimum physical security standards and applicable THE CLIENT Security policies and procedures.
· Conducting Threat & Security Risk Assessments and implementation of actions to mitigate risks.
· Responsible to ensure compliance with the Facility Security Clearance (FSC) audits by Armscor.
· Management of the SLA with the security service provider at SSW and Wellington.
· Develop and implement contingency plans for special events held on-site.
· Conduct investigations of all security-related incidents.
· Processing of all employee security clearances with Armscor.
· Represent THE CLIENT at the Western Cape NKP Security Officers forum.
· Responsible for the control of firearms and ammunition in accordance with the NKP Act and the Firearms Control Act.
· Tertiary qualification in Security and Risk Management or equivalent.
· At least 8 years’ post-qualification experience within a law enforcement, security or risk environment, depending on the unit of assignment, of which 5 years should have been in a Supervisory role.
· Experience in emergency and security contingency planning is required.
· Valid fire arm certificate of competency.
· Familiarity with explosive industry environment will be advantageous.
· PSIRA Grade A certification.
· Security clearance with SSA/ DoD/ SAPS.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Physical Security as well as IP and IT Security practices at a NKP – minimum 3 years’ experience.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the SA Criminal procedure/legislation.
· Sound knowledge of risk management and associated mitigation techniques.
· Knowledge of security and risk management equipment & technology.
· Well-developed financial acumen.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the handling of emergency situations.
· Experience in safety and security techniques, incident investigation and reporting techniques.
· Continuous improvement focus and ability to drive change management.
· Demonstrated ability to manage performance.
· Good problem solving, persuasiveness and client relationship skills.
l Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and conflict management skills.
· Good communication, planning and organizing skills.
· Ability to work independently and with own initiative.
· Standby required and be available for callouts.
· Computer literate (MS Office packages).
· Code 8 driver’s license & own transport essential.
Jnr Electronic Developer Engineering Virtual Instrumentation Jnr Electronic Developer Our client is looking for a Software Developer for their systems...Apply For This Job
ROLE TITLE: Turnkey Projects Manager (Retail refrigeration turnkey solutions) Role Description: · Turnkey Projects business development, sales and execution...Apply For This Job
Electronic and Mechanical Buyer – Engineering Technical buyer Procurement Department To perform procurement functions for fabrication of mechanical items and...Apply For This Job