POSITION: EXECUTIVE MANAGER: PROCESS ENGINEERING
DIVISION: OPERATIONS – BOKSBURG
REPORTING TO: HEAD OF SITE OPERATIONS – BOKSBURG
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To lead and manage a team of technical and process improvement specialists in the Operations division at Boksburg site.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
· Plans and controls technical resources in support of processes such as Forging, Heat treatment, CNC Precision Machining, and product improvement, to ensure cost reduction.
· Implements technically innovative strategies and investigation techniques to support manufacturing operations in an efficient and effective manner.
· Design and establish new processes which translates user requirements into system/sub-system functions within the company’s business processes.
· Leads and participates in the following
Technical and Quality investigations
Process (raw materials to final product) analysis
Technical trouble-shooting and rapid problem-solving.
· Assist Product Development Group during product of process development and ensure a smooth industrialization of the equipment.
· Evaluation, specification and optimization of present operational systems in terms of effectiveness.
· Attend and participate in technical meetings
· Compiling and reviewing process related documentation.
People Management and Development
· Establish interfaces between suppliers, operations and clients to provide process specifications as required to fully implement process improvements.
· Provides technically innovative mentorship to plant personnel to aid the simplification of process and manages students to develop technical skills needed for plant support.
· Gives input to annual budgets & forecasts. Measures and controls costs and overhead expenditure. Originates capital expenditure proposals
· Tracks progress to cost containment initiatives and manages and reports regularly.
Compliance to Legislation and Business Systems
· Ensure designs, projects, modifications and installations adhere to appropriate regulations within OHS Act and Explosive Act
· Adheres and Implements The clients Policies and Procedures and ensures compliance to ISO Standards with respect to SHE/Quality/Engineering
· A minimum BSc/BENG/B.Tech, specialization in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering preferred.
· Broad experience in a development and manufacturing environment (Explosive/Engineering/Technical).
· 3 Years project management experience
· In depth knowledge of SHE/Quality Systems, other computerized project management tools and process improvements techniques.
· Fully computer literate and has excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Experience with ERP/MES systems.
· Advance systems engineering training.
· Good communication, planning and organizing skills
· Self-motivated, independent and tenacious individual who is result driven.
· A team player with good interpersonal skills and the capability to interact with people at all levels.
· Analytical and a strategic thinker with good judgement.
· Proven problem solving abilities on multi-disciplinary projects.
· Independent and has adaptability to work under pressure.
· A self-starter with a concern for standards and results orientation.
· Flexible and has a positive self-image.
· Demonstrated financial acumen and understanding of financial statements.
· Ability to apply mathematic techniques to the solution of practical problems.
CLOSING DATE: 13 Jul 2020
We require the services of a Product Manager Minimum Requirements BSc Engineering (Mechanical or Electronic) Masters in Engineering Management, or post-graduate...Apply For This Job
Electrical Engineer PrEng / PrTech EPCM / EPC Environment A Consulting Engineering Company has a position available in...Apply For This Job
Plantation manager position Matiwane Forests – Eastern Cape, (situated 45kms from Mthatha,) PLANTATION MANAGER The successful incumbent will reside...Apply For This Job
Location: Johannesburg Job Title: Sales Manager Function: Sales Report to: Managing Director Department: Sales Date: July 2018 POSITION PURPOSE The...Apply For This Job
POSITION: Executive Manager: Product Development Rocket Mortors, Warheads and Aircraft Bombs DIVISION: Product Development – Somerset West REPORTING TO: General...Apply For This Job
Our Client provides innovative technology, services and solutions in ICT, Defence, Energy, and Transport. They require the services of a Senior...Apply For This Job