Design of electrical systems in the munitions manufacturing environment for the Plant Engineering department. Interface electrical systems with mechanical systems in order to create semi-automated production facilities. Direct a group of electrical design draughtsmen to compile electrical design data packs and ensure that the technical quality of electrical designs are carried out in an economically efficient way and completion is on schedule and within budget.
· Lead a team of electrical draughtsmen to produce manufacturing and installation drawings.
· Ensure completion is on schedule.
· Ensure design reviews of final designs are held with relevant stakeholders.
· Manage the transition of electrical data into a PLM system.
· Ensure availability of specified components and materials in designs for procurement.
· Check drawings for electrical design, safety and quality.
· Design of electrical systems to interface with mechanical systems with the assistance of an electrical draughting team.
· Ensure that designs are maintainable and manufacturable.
· Ensure standardization of components and equipment.
· Do electrical design calculations for the suitable selection of components.
· Do simulation of systems in order to optimize automation and production rates.
· Design routing of cables and piping.
· Compile data packs for C&I.
· Interact with engineering team in order gather sufficient inputs in order to design electrical and control systems.
· Liaise with manufacturing, project managers, clients, procurement, suppliers and sub-contractors to monitor, advise and assist with the execution of the project plan.
· Interact with C&I department in order to convey relevant information on electrical manufacturing and automation.
· Assist C&I department with programming philosophy and intended functioning of equipment.
· Provide technical support to manufacturing and electrical department.
· Ensure all designs adhere to relevant SHERQ requirements and specifications as required by clients.
2. Minimum B.Eng/B-Tech. – Mechatronic (Mechanical and Electrical will also be considered).
3. Applicable Experience
· 5 years minimum experience in a plant and equipment design environment.
· Management of a drawing and cad data configuration management system.
· Proficient in the use of SolidWorks, Eplan and AutoCAD.
4. Additional training or experience that will be to the benefit of the candidate
· Exposure to Explosive Regulations as set out in the OHS Act.
· Knowledge of explosive environments.
· Analytical thinker with good reasoning skills
· Ability to interact with people at all levels
· Ability to work precisely and methodically with minimum supervision, self-starting attitude.
· Technical writing and documentation skills.
5. Travel requirement
· Be willing to travel domestically and internationally.
As the OEM expert, the incumbent will be responsible to design, develop and implement, maintain and test electrical equipment, machinery...Apply For This Job
ROLE TITLE: Turnkey Projects Manager (Retail refrigeration turnkey solutions) Role Description: · Turnkey Projects business development, sales and execution...Apply For This Job
Designation Development Engineer-Software Department : Technical & Development Geographic Area Modderfontein Purpose of the job To develop new, or...Apply For This Job
POSITION: Security Manager SSW and Wellington DIVISION: Risk Services REPORTING TO: General Manager: Supply Chain and Services PURPOSE OF THE...Apply For This Job