TITLE: PRODUCTION MANAGER
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: General Manager
JOB PURPOSE: To ensure efficient planning & execution of the company’s manufacturing operations; production of products to specification; to ensure safe work environment for staff.
SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES/CUSTOMER
PRODUCTION & PRODUCT
1. Production standards
· Ensure production complies with standards and specifications as per the clients work procedures
2. Compile production plan/schedule for new bodies and oversee the repair schedule.
· Comprehensive and accurate plan.
· Daily updates.
· Allocation of all new orders.
· Realistic delivery dates.
· Ensure must finish dates are met timeously.
3. Daily follow up on production progress as scheduled.
· Ensure compliance to schedule.
· Inform sales representatives regarding red flag situations.
· Assistance to achieve scheduled targets/ problem-solving.
· Resource and material availability.
· Sourcing of buyouts.
4. Oversee Production Meetings.
· Progress against targets.
· Overview of production activities.
· Quality and Safety issues.
· Green area meetings.
5. Manage overtime on a day-to-day basis.
· Minimise overtime.
· Allocate resources taking into account customer requirements and optimisation of profits.
6. Communication of delivery date issues.
· Must always be on time and accurate.
· Meet “must finish dates”.
7. Compile invoicing schedule & deliver to Admin
· Weekly update in advance – regarding completion of new bodies prior to delivery of unit.
8. Co-ordinate training and development of all production staff.
· Establish multi-skilling methods and implement for staff.
· Identify training needs and implement.
· Update Skills Matrix
9. Co-ordinate disciplinary procedures.
· Performance Management.
· Support and coaching.
· Maintain a disciplined workforce.
10. Continual improvement of production processes.
· Improve workflow; standardise work & parts
· Lean manufacturing – reduce wastage.
· Optimized productivity, identify jigs, equipment & tools
· Clearly defined/updated procedures.
· Relevant CAR’s are opened for preventative measures to be taken
· Five “S” audits.
· Green Areas to be implemented & maintained per section.
11. Co-ordinate buyouts
· Ensure scheduling of buyouts to meet targets set.
12. Oversee stock control & Buying Dept.
Check job management report daily
· Ensure stock outs & shortages are recorded
· Ensure investigation & corrective action taken to prevent re-occurrence (Daily meeting)
· Oversee control of tools
· Monthly audit of tools with the foreman
· Ensure material usage is accurately recorded against various jobs
· Ensure material is properly controlled & stored
· Interface with purchasing department & suppliers to align supplier quality & delivery performance to the production system
· Achieve cost reduction goals
HEALTH & SAFETY & QUALITY
13. OHS Act Compliance
· Appointment for New & Repairs
· Risk assessment & prevention of accidents
· Attend safety meetings – 3 monthly
· Allocation of resources/equipment.
· Staff to wear relevant PPE.
· Ensure factory operated safely in terms of OHS Act
14. ISO 9008 Compliance
· Ensure work performed to work procedures.
· Update procedures regularly for improvements.
15. Investigation of CAR’s
· Ensure all CAR’s logged
· Thorough investigation.
· Effective Solutions & prevention of re-occurrence
· Action with 24 Hours
· Daily plant walk to ensure housekeeping kept to a standard
17. Customer complaints and CAR’s
· Accurate and complete details of the complaint.
· Ensure CAR’s opened & appropriate corrective & preventative action taken
18. Attend weekly sales report back meetings.
· Communication with customers on progress when required
· Delivery schedule & communication with sales
19. Ensure performance within budget.
· Achievement of budget in respect of direct overhead costs & maintenance costs.
· Efficiency of flow. (Labour costs; overtime)
20. Maintenance Control
· Ensure maintenance schedule is being followed
· Monthly review of costs
· Sign off pricing for maintenance.
21. Performance of Staff
· Annual Performance Appraisals of Senior Staff
· Monthly KPI measurements
· Setting of performance standards.
· Training and development.
22. Oversee wage and salary increases.
· Final approval.
23. Employment of staff. (Assist foreman with recruitment)
· Recruitment of staff in accordance with required competencies and company values
· Control of staff numbers to control costs
24. Oversee Repair Team.
· Efficiency of work done to hours quoted.
· Quality of work.
Any additional duties or responsibilities which fall reasonably within the ambit of the job description or in accordance with operational requirements.
The list of duties/tasks/responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be changed at any time depending on operational requirements.
CUSTOMERS – INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
ATTRIBUTES & COMPETENCIES
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI’S):
Mechanical Engineer Minimum Requirements BSc Mechanical Engineering or BSc Mechatronics. 4-6 years working experience in the Telecommunications or related industry...Apply For This Job
Electronic and Mechanical Buyer – Engineering Technical buyer Procurement Department To perform procurement functions for fabrication of mechanical items and...Apply For This Job
QC/QC foreman/Engineer – Mechanical and Electrical Quality Control and Quality assurance – Manufacturing Lesotho (Will travel every day from the Free...Apply For This Job
Sales Engineer: Heat Exchangers/Coils Cape Town The ideal person will be responsible for sales of heat exchangers and...Apply For This Job
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful incumbent will head up the engineering function, authorise the planning of work, plant,...Apply For This Job