TITLE: PRODUCTION MANAGER
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: General Manager
JOB PURPOSE: To ensure efficient planning & execution of the company’s manufacturing operations; production of products to specification; to ensure safe work environment for staff.
SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES/CUSTOMER
PRODUCTION & PRODUCT
1. Production standards
· Ensure production complies with standards and specifications as per the clients work procedures
2. Compile production plan/schedule for new bodies and oversee the repair schedule.
· Comprehensive and accurate plan.
· Daily updates.
· Allocation of all new orders.
· Realistic delivery dates.
· Ensure must finish dates are met timeously.
3. Daily follow up on production progress as scheduled.
· Ensure compliance to schedule.
· Inform sales representatives regarding red flag situations.
· Assistance to achieve scheduled targets/ problem-solving.
· Resource and material availability.
· Sourcing of buyouts.
4. Oversee Production Meetings.
· Progress against targets.
· Overview of production activities.
· Quality and Safety issues.
· Green area meetings.
5. Manage overtime on a day-to-day basis.
· Minimise overtime.
· Allocate resources taking into account customer requirements and optimisation of profits.
6. Communication of delivery date issues.
· Must always be on time and accurate.
· Meet “must finish dates”.
7. Compile invoicing schedule & deliver to Admin
· Weekly update in advance – regarding completion of new bodies prior to delivery of unit.
8. Co-ordinate training and development of all production staff.
· Establish multi-skilling methods and implement for staff.
· Identify training needs and implement.
· Update Skills Matrix
9. Co-ordinate disciplinary procedures.
· Performance Management.
· Support and coaching.
· Maintain a disciplined workforce.
10. Continual improvement of production processes.
· Improve workflow; standardise work & parts
· Lean manufacturing – reduce wastage.
· Optimized productivity, identify jigs, equipment & tools
· Clearly defined/updated procedures.
· Relevant CAR’s are opened for preventative measures to be taken
· Five “S” audits.
· Green Areas to be implemented & maintained per section.
11. Co-ordinate buyouts
· Ensure scheduling of buyouts to meet targets set.
12. Oversee stock control & Buying Dept.
Check job management report daily
· Ensure stock outs & shortages are recorded
· Ensure investigation & corrective action taken to prevent re-occurrence (Daily meeting)
· Oversee control of tools
· Monthly audit of tools with the foreman
· Ensure material usage is accurately recorded against various jobs
· Ensure material is properly controlled & stored
· Interface with purchasing department & suppliers to align supplier quality & delivery performance to the production system
· Achieve cost reduction goals
HEALTH & SAFETY & QUALITY
13. OHS Act Compliance
· Appointment for New & Repairs
· Risk assessment & prevention of accidents
· Attend safety meetings – 3 monthly
· Allocation of resources/equipment.
· Staff to wear relevant PPE.
· Ensure factory operated safely in terms of OHS Act
14. ISO 9008 Compliance
· Ensure work performed to work procedures.
· Update procedures regularly for improvements.
15. Investigation of CAR’s
· Ensure all CAR’s logged
· Thorough investigation.
· Effective Solutions & prevention of re-occurrence
· Action with 24 Hours
· Daily plant walk to ensure housekeeping kept to a standard
17. Customer complaints and CAR’s
· Accurate and complete details of the complaint.
· Ensure CAR’s opened & appropriate corrective & preventative action taken
18. Attend weekly sales report back meetings.
· Communication with customers on progress when required
· Delivery schedule & communication with sales
19. Ensure performance within budget.
· Achievement of budget in respect of direct overhead costs & maintenance costs.
· Efficiency of flow. (Labour costs; overtime)
20. Maintenance Control
· Ensure maintenance schedule is being followed
· Monthly review of costs
· Sign off pricing for maintenance.
21. Performance of Staff
· Annual Performance Appraisals of Senior Staff
· Monthly KPI measurements
· Setting of performance standards.
· Training and development.
22. Oversee wage and salary increases.
· Final approval.
23. Employment of staff. (Assist foreman with recruitment)
· Recruitment of staff in accordance with required competencies and company values
· Control of staff numbers to control costs
24. Oversee Repair Team.
· Efficiency of work done to hours quoted.
· Quality of work.
Any additional duties or responsibilities which fall reasonably within the ambit of the job description or in accordance with operational requirements.
The list of duties/tasks/responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be changed at any time depending on operational requirements.
CUSTOMERS – INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
ATTRIBUTES & COMPETENCIES
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI’S):
Sales Engineer: Heat Exchangers/Coils Cape Town The ideal person will be responsible for sales of heat exchangers and...Apply For This Job
Mechanical Engineer/Technologist 3-5 Years’ experience, Must be proficient on Solidworks, Process Plant and Materials Handling Equipment design a plus, Contract...Apply For This Job
Our client is currently looking for a Technical Sales Engineer This person is typically an artisan or a National...Apply For This Job
Our client, an established company in the HVAC Building Services Industry is looking for a Professional Mechanical Engineer to...Apply For This Job
Mechanical Design Engineer – Experience in mechanical vibration Support the development and optimisation of customised mining equipment solutions as...Apply For This Job