Providing compliance and legal assistance acquisitions and support to the Company as required. Able to respond within set time frames to complaints from policy holders & queries from the office of the Ombudsman for long term insurance.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
· Provide pro-active and re-active legal advice and opinions relating to Regulatory & Compliance matters;
· Drafting and/or vetting agreements between the company and its external stakeholders;
· Checking all business documentation / letters / correspondence and marketing to ensure compliance with legislation;
· Assist in the interpretation of statute relevant to the organization and update changes to existing processes as a result thereof;
· Assist in conducting compliance audits of the organization and other service providers;
· Assist in the preparation and conduct of the necessary training of brokers and external administrators in respect of the various legislation and any changes thereto;
· Assess the risk of non-compliance with relevant legislation and prioritise the implementation of compliance management processes for each act and or regulation;
· Assist in the general management and effectiveness of the Complaints Resolution process;
· Verify non compliance & report to your line manager;
· Monitor amendments to legislation / new legislation relevant to the business and amend compliance plan where necessary;
· Maintain an updated register of such matters, clearly indicating the status/progress made in respect of each matter;
· Collate documentation internally and from various service providers in respect of Ombudsman matters;
· Providing legal assistance regarding Product Policies
· Liaise with industry/regulatory bodies, ASISA, PA, FSCA and offices of the Ombudsman of Long Term Insurance with regard to matters affecting company and/or its intermediaries;
· Establish and monitor company’s compliance with Financial Sector Charter.
· Legal research, opinion and advice to the Company.
· Assist with general legal enquiries from other departments;
· Undergraduate legal degree or (LLB)
· Computer Literacy – Ability to work with Microsoft Excel & Word is essential.
· 2-5 Years Experience
· Experience in admin and legal compliance;
· Knowledge of applicable legislation;
· Experience in providing legal advice in financial service environment.
· Admission as either an Advocate or Attorney will give added advantage
Good communication skills
Good decision making and problem solving skills
Ability to work under pressure
Attention to details
Reliability in terms of adherence to deadlines
Proactive and disciplined
Receptionist and Dealership Administrative Clerk Queenstown We are looking for an Automotive Retail Receptionist and Administrative clerk to manage our client’s...Apply For This Job