Mechanical Design Engineer – Experience in mechanical vibration
Support the development and optimisation of customised mining equipment solutions as well as provide general mechanical support to the engineering department and manufacturing section.
Required outputs: Functional
· Design/ re-engineer existing products to enhance their performance, improve reliability and cost-effectiveness.
· Thoroughly and effectively trouble-shoot problems and implement solutions of a mechanical nature.
· Select components, materials, finishes and shop processes necessary to meet the design requirements.
· Conduct research that tests and analyses the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
· Work as part of a multi-disciplinary development team to develop world-class explosives initiation systems.
· Work as part of an integrated team with operations to ensure ease of manufacture and quality output.
· Selection and qualification of the suppliers related to the mechanical function.
· Proven ability to take the design from the concept phase to the final product.
· Experience in designing products for medium to high volume manufacturing.
· Knowledge in the area of machining, metal forming, welding, brazing, casting and especially cabling and connectors.
Qualifications and expertise required (Must)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
· 3 years mechanical design experience.
· Work knowledge of Solid Works, Pro/Engineering or other similar computer aided drafting tools.
· Experience in mechanical vibration.
· Plastics design experience, knowledge and application of various processes (injection moulding, over-moulding, etc.) and materials.
· Knowledge of materials (strength and composition) – Advantage.
Competencies (skills, knowledge and characteristics)
· The ability to work under pressure.
· Problem – solving skills.
· Verbal and written communication skills.
· Team working skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Follow-up on action for completion.
POSITION: BSC Mechanical / Industrial Company Engineering Executive Assistant to COO Please note that this is not an Admin or...Apply For This Job
Jnr Mechanical Design Engineer and project manager About the Position Join a stable and reputable consulting company. Mechanical engineering degree, plus ECSA...Apply For This Job
1. B. Eng. Mechanical or higher 2. Pr. Eng. Preferred. 3. Must be competent in piping design and sizing 4....Apply For This Job