Mechanical Design Engineer – Experience in mechanical vibration
Support the development and optimisation of customised mining equipment solutions as well as provide general mechanical support to the engineering department and manufacturing section.
Required outputs: Functional
· Design/ re-engineer existing products to enhance their performance, improve reliability and cost-effectiveness.
· Thoroughly and effectively trouble-shoot problems and implement solutions of a mechanical nature.
· Select components, materials, finishes and shop processes necessary to meet the design requirements.
· Conduct research that tests and analyses the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
· Work as part of a multi-disciplinary development team to develop world-class explosives initiation systems.
· Work as part of an integrated team with operations to ensure ease of manufacture and quality output.
· Selection and qualification of the suppliers related to the mechanical function.
· Proven ability to take the design from the concept phase to the final product.
· Experience in designing products for medium to high volume manufacturing.
· Knowledge in the area of machining, metal forming, welding, brazing, casting and especially cabling and connectors.
Qualifications and expertise required (Must)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
· 3 years mechanical design experience.
· Work knowledge of Solid Works, Pro/Engineering or other similar computer aided drafting tools.
· Experience in mechanical vibration.
· Plastics design experience, knowledge and application of various processes (injection moulding, over-moulding, etc.) and materials.
· Knowledge of materials (strength and composition) – Advantage.
Competencies (skills, knowledge and characteristics)
· The ability to work under pressure.
· Problem – solving skills.
· Verbal and written communication skills.
· Team working skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Follow-up on action for completion.
We require the services of a Product Manager Minimum Requirements BSc Engineering (Mechanical or Electronic) Masters in Engineering Management, or post-graduate...Apply For This Job
MECHANICAL ENGINEER / SALES A leading National Truck & Trailer Manufacturer requires an energetic person based in Phoenix, Durban. Responsibilities:-...Apply For This Job
POSITION: ELECTRICAL ENGINEER DIVISION: PLANT ENGINEERING – BOSKOP REPORTING TO: MANUFACTURING MANAGER PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To oversee electrical...Apply For This Job
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful incumbent will head up the engineering function, authorise the planning of work, plant,...Apply For This Job