As the OEM expert, the incumbent will be responsible to design, develop and implement, maintain and test electrical equipment, machinery and appliances of MV and LV designs, SLD, schematic, advanced control integration, detailed product and functional specifications in the mining and metals sectors.
These activities will be closely coordinated with own teams, seconded workers and sub-contractors on site and shall be carried out in accordance with company and customer policies, statutory requirements, specified drawings, specifications, codes of practice, standards, quality plans and programs, within timeline and budget whilst maintaining safety, health, security, industrial relations and discipline within the team. The role also provides support to customers with planned maintenance and troubleshooting upon post-commissioning malfunction.
Tasks will include:
· Application of electrical theory and principles to engineering projects.
· Feasibility study to estimate costs and timelines, to design, program and commission projects.
· Design, develop, implement, maintain and test new electrical equipment, machinery and appliances.
· Upgrade and customise existing equipment and machinery.
· Prepare detailed electrical and control integration drawings and system specifications. (with PR Eng signoff)
· Prepare calculations and documentation, make improvements and recommend implementation processes.
· Translate business requirements into technical specifications and help manage project priorities and timelines.
· Coordinate design with other systems, such as Winder Drives and Controls.
· Write, modify and debug PLC, HMI and SCADA software for client applications
· Over inspect manufacture and installation work and inspects completed projects to ensure conformance with design and safety standards.
· Contribute to project meetings.
· Supervises, mentors and trains project staff, new or more junior electrical engineers as needed, Oversee other employees.
· Have to communicate directly with vendors, clients, technical experts and workers across all levels of business.
· Are encouraged to read relevant professional journals, attend relevant training classes, workshops, or conferences to keep their skills up to date.
· Any other reasonable duties called upon to do.
· Travel to client locations local and abroad during various phases of project execution.
· Overtime required on short notice to meet tight deadlines and attend to emergency work.
· Job is largely office-bound but may require involvement in project commissioning at client sites.
· Carried about indoors, but occasionally, there could be work that needs to be completed outside.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Require a bachelor’s degree (BSc, ECSA Pr Eng) or higher in engineering or another related field
· 8 to 10 year MV and LV design experience
· Strong design fundamentals and good working knowledge of motors, transformers, switchgear and distribution networks
· Hands-on involvement in project execution, SLD, schematic, advanced control integration, detailed product and functional specification
· Good working knowledge of PLC, Control, SCADA and communication networks
· AC & DC drive experience would be highly beneficial
· Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel & MS Projects)
· Various Software Packages specific to designing
· OHSACT, MHSACT, SANS 10142-1 compliance
· Strong Leadership and Communication skills – Written and Verbal (English).
· Valid driver’s license code 08
· Good interpersonal skills, excellent leadership skills and ability to build strong teams.
· Detail-oriented, ability to multitask, able to work independently, as well as in a team.
· Strong Communication skills – Have to communicate directly with vendors, clients, technical experts and workers across all levels of business.
· Able to work under pressure and deadline driven.
· Remuneration commensurate with qualifications, ability and experience.
· Medical Aid.
· Pension and Provident fund.
· 20 days annual leave.
Principal duties/responsibilities Analyzing the requirements for a production/manufacturing processes. Leading & support a team of engineers who’s responsible for the...Apply For This Job
POSITION: GENERAL MANAGER DIVISION: NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND SALES REPORTING TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER PURPOSE OF JOB: Main purpose of...Apply For This Job
Programme Manager – KZN Reporting to : Program Manager – Coastal Area : Umhlanga – KZN South Coast The...Apply For This Job
Project house require an Assessor/ Moderator/ Training Manager for an artisan training Centre. Artisans are trained for various companies and...Apply For This Job