The primary function of the Estimator position is to identify prospective business opportunities and prepare professionally compiled tenders that suitably curtail the client’s commercial risk and accurately price the scope of works.
The specific duties of the position include, inter alia, the following:
1. Identifying and following up on all potential leads for prospective business both locally and in selected African territories.
2. In conjunction with the management team, assist in selecting tenders to pursue based on our relative competitiveness, capabilities and workload.
3. Co-ordinating the outputs of our tendering support personnel towards achieving the unit’s tendering goals.
4. The timely and professional preparation of tender submissions.
5. Reviewing drawings and technical backup information to be submitted.
6. Where possible, directing the drawing office to optimise designs for an alternative, more cost-effective solutions.
7. Preparing and following up on tender clarification submissions.
8. Ensuring that tender site meetings are attended and relevant information fed back for inclusion in tenders.
9. Evaluating technical requirements and assigning portions of the scope to various subcontractors and suppliers.
10. Sourcing supplier and subcontractor quotations and following up where necessary.
11. Evaluating conditions of tender/contract and mitigating the company’s risk exposure.
12. Preparing and presenting tender vets for approval purposes.
13. Preparing commercial and technical write-ups on our offer for inclusion in tenders.
14. Preparing B-BBEE responses for tendering purposes.
15. Compiling bills of materials.
16. Estimating and preparing accurate schedules of prices.
17. Preparing detailed project programmes and project methodology plan as required per tender specifications.
18. Compiling SHEQ responses.
19. Completing technical schedules to detail the parameters of our offer.
20. Participate in contract award negotiations.
21. Working in accordance with ISO 9001 quality standards.
22. Compiling and submitting reports on tendering feedback on a monthly basis.
23. Represent the business unit at the Sales & Marketing Forum.
24. Performing any other ancillary duties that may be reasonably expected by the company, as and when required.
25. Developing best objectives and strategies in preparing and submission of tenders.
All the above must be aligned to the Power Systems Procedure for Tender Procedure (ESR-PRO-001) together with the Power systems Procedure for the Identification & Selection of Tender (ESR-PRO-006); Power Systems Procedure for Tender Bid Preparation (ESR-PRO-007); Power Systems Procedure for Tender Bid Monitoring and Management (ESR-PRO-008)
In view of the nature of tendering, emphasis needs to be placed on time management, co-ordination of activities, accuracy and attention to detail in the management of the tendering function.
Qualifications and Experience
· A recognised tertiary electrical engineering/T3 or equivalent or commercial qualification.
· Exposure to the electrical engineering industry and, in particular, substations.
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in the Electrical Transmission & Distribution Industry is required.
· Minimum of 10 years of Estimating and Tendering experience (Microsoft Excel-based system).
· Minimum of 10 years of Commercial experience.
· Sound knowledge of General Conditions of the Contracts ( FIDIC, NEC, GCC etc)
· RoE & CPA knowledge.
· Computer literacy and competent in using MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project.
· Good communication skills, writing ability and assertive business acumen.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Need to be accurate and hard working.
· Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
· Car allowance and petrol card with reasonable restrictions.
· Medical Aid.
· Pension and Provident fund.
· 15 days annual leave.
· Cellphone allowance.
Design of electrical systems in the munitions manufacturing environment for the Plant Engineering department. Interface electrical systems with mechanical systems...Apply For This Job
As the OEM expert, the incumbent will be responsible to design, develop and implement, maintain and test electrical equipment, machinery...Apply For This Job
BEng Software Developer — Electromagnetic Solutions Software Computer Engineering / Electronic Software Development Our client develops sophisticated electromagnetic simulation product...Apply For This Job
Operations and Maintenance Divisional Manager (Industrial Wastewater) Our Client is a leading project execution company with a focus on industrial...Apply For This Job
Our Client provides innovative technology, services and solutions in ICT, Defence, Energy, and Transport. They require the services of a Senior...Apply For This Job
The company specializes in the Transport Industry, specifically with the manufacturing of Trailers, Palfinger product ( truck-mounted cranes, craylers/forklifts), Trailer...Apply For This Job