POSITION FOR DESIGN ENGINEER IN OLIFANTSFONTEIN
The Technical Department at our client is looking for a Mechanical Engineer,
The incumbent will be required to work in a design team, developing and manufacture of specialized commercial vehicle bodies & trailers.
The incumbent will be responsible for developing and designing of products on Solid Works.
The incumbent will be required to design/select and integrate auxiliary equipment to meet the legal and customers requirement.
This person will also be required to coordinate designs with other workers, customers and suppliers to resolve problems.
He/She will be required to modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
This person will be required to interface with customers from time to time to do conceptual designs for them and costing on new products that he/ she is involved in developing.
The incumbent must have the ability to lead small projects and co-ordinate the activities of the project team.
· B Eng. Mechanical or B. Tech
· 5-10 years’ experience in Design
· Technical experience in vehicle bodybuilding and the commercial trucking industry is an advantage
· The ideal candidate should have personal organizational, planning and
· management skills, able to use own initiative.
· This individual should have excellent problem investigation & solving abilities.
· He/she should be able to work on their own from time to time and they should be self-driven.
· Good time management skills and the ability to plan and prioritize activities.
· Reliable, responsible and committed person that is prepared to work extended working hours from time to time as required to reach deadlines.
· Individual must be able to communicate well both orally and written in English.
· The candidate should have the ability to work in a cross-functional team, design/development/manufacturing and the ability to operate effectively, form good relationships with the clients, sales functions, operations function, supervisors, team leaders, project team, stores and procurement.
· Mechanical and hydraulic design
· Vibration and strain measurement,
· Failure analysis projects.
· Conformance tests.
· Design, manufacturing and Finite Element analysis projects
· Mechanical and hydraulic design 3D solid modelling and detailing of data pack
· Product industrialisation
· Prototype design and construction:
· Role will grow into the management of engineering projects.
Design of electrical systems in the munitions manufacturing environment for the Plant Engineering department. Interface electrical systems with mechanical systems...Apply For This Job
The primary function of the Estimator position is to identify prospective business opportunities and prepare professionally compiled tenders that suitably curtail...Apply For This Job