Location: Johannesburg Job Title: Sales Manager
Function: Sales Report to: Managing Director
Department: Sales Date: July 2018
The Sales Manager is responsible for delivering the Sales, Marketing and Aftermarket service requirements of the business in an efficient and ethical manner throughout Sub-Saharan Africa incl. South Africa. The Sales Manager will manage a sales team consisting of direct Sales Reps and independent Representatives that is responsible for customer service management from order receipt through to delivery. Key activities include managing relationships with clients and managing the sales staff in accordance to the clients policies with alignment to the clients goals and initiatives. Direct leadership of the Sales Manager should result in realistic and goal-oriented business plans from the sales force aimed at achieving sales and profit targets.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
This position relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. The candidate must possess a solid working knowledge of Sales Management, Channel Management, Key Account Management, Commercial and General Management. The Sales Manager works with a great degree of independence and has the drive to achieve substantial results without day-to-day direction.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent is preferred with more than 10 years of industrial sales experience within an international manufacturing industry, combined with at least 5 years of sales management experience.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in successfully managing a team of at least similar size.
• Fluent in English – written and spoken
• The willingness to travel on a frequent base is necessary
• Assist in developing and preparing short and long-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
• Direct and monitor department and functional managers to accomplish the goals of the Sales, Marketing and Service department.
• Identification and evaluation of new business opportunities and relationships.
• Direct and coordinate the development, implementation and ongoing management of marketing strategy and to maximize the potential of the target market.
• Direct and coordinate the ongoing development and management of the clients employed and third party Sales Representatives.
• Direct and coordinate the ongoing development and management of the clients Service operation.
• Direct and coordinate the ongoing development, implementation and ongoing management of client relationship management system (CRM).
• Direct and coordinate the ongoing development and management of the Customer Service Team.
• Direct and coordinate the ongoing development and management of any of the clients global business alliances.
• Ensure all Sales, Marketing and Service department employees are informed of all communications, decisions, policies, and all other matters that affect their performance, attitude and results.
• Compliance to all local, regional, national, company and all other applicable standards, law, and procedures.
• Prepare reports as necessary or request to show performance to plan.
• Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that reflect the true performance of the operation. And enable continuous improvement.
• Develops talent within the workforce to meet the current and future needs of the operation. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy.
• Prepare budgets that meet operational goals and provide for effective management of resources
• Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of his job
• An able-bodied person is required for accessing typical industrial and construction sites that will include a fair amount of walking.
• Occasional international travel will be required as a function of this role
• Working hours as per the Employment Contract – however a position at this level of responsibility would be expected to manage his/her time accordingly and work additional hours if required to perform the role effectively
please apply via our website or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org. please note only SA ciizens may be considered for the position.
ROLE TITLE: Turnkey Projects Manager (Retail refrigeration turnkey solutions) Role Description: · Turnkey Projects business development, sales and execution...Apply For This Job
Expat – Rock Crusher Plant Manager Required for a Quarry based in Fujairah UAE. Salary Negotiable Contract Duration :...Apply For This Job
Our Client provides innovative technology, services and solutions in ICT, Defence, Energy, and Transport. They require the services of a Senior...Apply For This Job
POSITION: ELECTRICAL ENGINEER DIVISION: PLANT ENGINEERING – BOSKOP REPORTING TO: MANUFACTURING MANAGER PURPOSE OF THE JOB: To oversee electrical...Apply For This Job