FIXED TERM EMPLOYMENT POSITION
Construction Health & Safety Agent (CHSA)
Location: Centurion and Pretoria
The applicant will be responsible for managing the health and safety aspects of construction and operations projects in the Consulting Engineering Industry by taking on the responsibilities and liabilities imposed as far as is reasonable. This includes attending the technical and progress meetings, revising health and safety specifications and risk profiles if the scope of work changes, monitoring implementation of the health and safety plan, auditing compliance with the health and safety plan, monitoring health and safety file compilation and maintenance and performing accident and incident investigations, where necessary.
Minimum Requirements (Essential)
• National Diploma in Safety Management or Environmental Management. Postgraduate
• 5 -10 years’ experience in a Safety Officer/Safety Manager role within the construction
• Must be registered with SACPCMP as Pr. CHSA
• Understanding of the Construction and Consulting Engineering Industry
• Proficiency in MS Office Recommended
• An engineering/technical qualification
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop an appropriate health and safety legal framework for construction and operations projects.
• Implementing cause and effect analysis and its application to hazard identification and risk management on a construction project.
• Liaising with the contractor as well as relevant statutory bodies.
• Conduct construction and operations project health and safety systems, legal compliance, verification, auditing, audit result analysis and reporting.
• Performing accident and incident investigations, where necessary.
• Monitor and manage occupational hygiene in construction and operations projects.
• Compile health and safety risk profiling and design risk management.
• Compile construction and operations projects healthy and safety specifications.
• Compile construction and operations projects emergency preparedness and response planning.
• Compile construction project health and safety standards, safe work procedures and processes.
• Manage operations and construction project health system, legal compliance and verification.
• Produce monthly report.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Planning and Organizing Skills.
• Knowledge of OHS Act and other relevant legislation.
• Strong verbal, written and communications skills with the ability to clearly communicate technical subject matter to a wide range of audiences.
• Highly Computer Literate – proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Proven work experience in a similar role.
• Hands-on experience with SHEQ.
• Knowledge of Company Policies.
Legal Requirements, Registrations, Licenses
• Professional Registration with SACPCMP as Pr. CHSA
• Driver’s License.
The salary for this position will be negotiable, depending upon qualifications and experience.
This position is open to South African citizens only.
Please include all Certificates, ID, payslip and drivers licence in your application.
Sales Engineer: Heat Exchangers/Coils Cape Town The ideal person will be responsible for sales of heat exchangers and...Apply For This Job
Mechanical Engineer Minimum Requirements BSc Mechanical Engineering or BSc Mechatronics. 4-6 years working experience in the Telecommunications or related industry...Apply For This Job
Electrical Lead Engineer Durbanville, Western Cape Full-time We are sourcing for a Lead Engineer (Electrical Engineering) to form part of...Apply For This Job
POSITION FOR DESIGN ENGINEER IN OLIFANTSFONTEIN The Technical Department at our client is looking for a Mechanical Engineer, The incumbent will...Apply For This Job
We require the services of a Product Manager Minimum Requirements BSc Engineering (Mechanical or Electronic) Masters in Engineering Management, or post-graduate...Apply For This Job
Designation Development Engineer-Software Department : Technical & Development Geographic Area Modderfontein Purpose of the job To develop new, or...Apply For This Job