Project Internal audit Mgr.
Reports to: CIA
Sector: Internal Audit
Function: Project Internal Audit
Our client is one of two state-owned companies that operates Saudi Arabia’s rail network. They operate the 2750 km. north-south railway line and a passenger line from Riyadh to Al-Haditha, Saudi Arabia, nearby the Jordanian border. They were established in 2006 to build, operate, and manage the north-south railway project. Sector : Railways / rollingstock / Passenger freight services and delivery – Government institution
To effectively and efficiently perform internal audit reviews of the client’s projects and provide assurance to the audit committee and senior management that the project is well controlled and risks are managed inappropriately.
Resource & Scope::
1. Staff Directly Reporting (1-2): Senior Auditors and Auditors within the context of audit assignments under his direction.
1. Review governance framework and documentation of the client’s projects, identify risk and gaps in both documentation design and implementation, report related issues to process owners and perform required follow-ups to ascertain required action is taken in a timely manner.
2. Provide a first class audit service to stakeholders through the assessment of risk and the evaluation of control processes and procedures, identifying risks, issues and developing solutions in partnership with the business
3. Developing and maintaining Engineering works annual risk assessment, annual audit plan and updates to the Senior Management and Chief Internal Auditor (CIA)
4. Assessing effectiveness, efficiency, and compliance with the clients project management framework, agreement, standards and execution
5. Ensuring project objective is consistent with the client’s overall value and strategy
6. Review project estimation process and evaluate project’s owner value engineering exercise to develop the most optimal and efficient design
7. Reviewing milestone progress e.g. SPI, CPI, recovery plan if required and quality of deliverable
8. Review project BOQ and ascertain accuracy and compliance with execution
9. Review the contractor qualification, bidding, and selection procedure to assess adequacy of process embedded controls
10. Validate change order justification and accuracy of cost estimation
11. Verifying billing process, percentage of completion, allowable and unallowable cost and project expenditure
12. Visiting projects sites and assessing project engineering quality standard, safety, and security
13. Ensuring all project provision, bonds, and insurance are available and valid
14. Review projects overspending root cause and verifying availability of required approval according to delegation of authority matrix
15. Execute audits by gathering, documenting and analysing information and evidence on the existence of risks and the effectiveness of control measures (by interviews, observations, file review, risk analyses, reconciliation, organizational analysis, and diagnosis) in accordance with approved process and IA best practices
16. Follow-up all pending audit issues raised internally and/or by third-party auditors.
17. Prepare a draft report points and recommendations (within agreed timescales and participate in discussion with the auditee.
18. Review audit working papers and ensure that the team has completed all the test/control and file them adequately
19. Carry out the investigation when assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor (CIA).
20. Looking for saving opportunity
Bachelor degree in Engineering and PMI certified
MBA holder is preferred
Preferred a holder of certified of internal auditor (CIA), Lead Quality Auditor,
Min 8 years relevant work experience including audit project control and auditing
Participated in several special projects, advisory assignments, and audits.
Preference will be given to those candidates having a recognized auditing, risk, or quality, qualification and/or extensive internal audit knowledge.
Good skills in analytics, report writing, interview techniques, advisory, presentation, personal effectiveness, time management and project management
Rich experience in project management, project control, and quality assurance
Strong knowledge (both theoretical and practical) of the next areas: auditing, risk management, fraud invitation, process control, management/strategic control, risk management, soft controls, organization, change management and information technology
Strong conflict resolution as well as influencing and negotiating skills necessary to resolve issues involving staff, stakeholders and senior management
Ability to function in a time-sensitive environment where decisiveness, problem-solving ability, planning and implementation skills are key behavioral components.
Excellent presentation skills to articulate complex information/ideas relating to strategic and tactical issues.
Highly developed management/leadership skills sufficient to lead/motivate
Strong ability to think and operate both at a strategic and tactical level, where process enhancement or creation is sometimes necessary, and able to translate this understanding into a tailored, meaningful and concrete plan for the individual auditor or member of the executive management team.
Ability to work across multiple tasks at the same time liaising with multiple departments
Advanced level of the English language, both orally and in writing, preferably a second language.
MS Office, Lotus Notes, Auditor Assistant, Audit tools (file analysis applications).
Familiarity with ERP system especially Oracle is a plus.
Kindly note this position is based in Saudi Arabia, it is expected of candidates to manage their own Visa application process, as requirements by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Assistance and relative process information will be provided by True Talent). Please note that the clients would prefer appointing candidates on a permanent basis and relocation to Saudi Arabia will be expected. This is not an expat position but a full-time position. The client will prefer candidates with an Engineering background preferably in Railway transport, Rolling stock and Railways Project. Unfortunately, applicants older than the age of 55 will not be able to apply for the position as per clients visa requirements.
Please send your updated cv, profile picture, ID, Passport, certified qualification, and salary information with your formal application. Please address your information to Nadia Joubert.
Please note only candidates who meet the clients criteria will be contacted for the position. All other applicants will be saved to our database. Please register on our website at www.truetalent.co.za to apply for the position.
Expat – Rock Crusher Plant Manager Required for a Quarry based in Fujairah UAE. Salary Negotiable Contract Duration :...Apply For This Job
POSITION: GENERAL MANAGER: PLANT ENGINEERING DIVISION: PLANT ENGINEERING REPORTING TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER PURPOSE OF THE JOB: The main...Apply For This Job
Quantity Surveyor – Sunninghill Salary : Market Related is Qualifications Formal Qualification Required Essential /Advantageous BSc Quantity Surveying or Engineering...Apply For This Job
Job title: infrastructure & operation audit Mgr. Reports to: CIA Sector: Internal Audit Function : Infrastructure & Operation Internal Audit...Apply For This Job